Apply as a Project Manager
Are you sick of doing backstage, repetitive task work in an assembly line translation process? Do you long to gain a greater sense of the Big Picture in today’s translation industry? Are you both a Control Freak with your projects and a Shining Star with your clients, preferring to exercise full command from pre-launch to post-mortem, all with a calm voice and a smile on your face? If so, we have the job for you!
Idem Translations is a full-service translation company with 30+ years of industry experience and an exceptional reputation for quality and customer care. Our compact size and lean management philosophy eliminate unnecessary bureaucracy, allowing us the agility and flexibility of a start-up and providing each of our employees with a hands-on role in contributing to our ongoing success.
We seek an enthusiastic Project Manager to join our in-house team. The ideal candidate will possess both an unhealthy passion for orderly documentation and a remarkably outgoing, people-pleasing personality. Exceptional attention to detail is a must, along with first-class communication skills for interfacing with freelance linguists, clients, and the Idem team.
Each of our PMs is well-versed in the entire translation process and must act as a hands-on decision maker in all phases of a project, from pre-sales analysis through delivery. If you are a self-starting stickler for detail with superb customer service skills and a solutions-oriented, can-do attitude, Idem is a place for you to grow and shine.
What Idem Offers
In order to recruit and retain the industry’s best and brightest, Idem offers a competitive salary, excellent working environment, a convenient location (five minute walk to Stanford University and Caltrain), and first-rate benefits (health insurance, paid time off, 401(k), local gym access, and continuing education support).
The Idem Experience
As a Project Manager with Idem, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage projects from start to finish, including project planning, execution, tracking, delivery, and closure
- Be hands-on at each phase of translation production
- Provide input for pre-sales planning and resourcing
- Manage quality, costs, and schedules for your projects
- Innovate and contribute to process improvements
- Own relationships with your clients at the project level and work closely with the account team to optimize delivery, client satisfaction, quality, and profitability
- Be a part of a team that truly focuses on continual improvement and quality in an open, upbeat atmosphere
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Attention to detail and strong aptitude for quality control
- Native-level fluency in English, including impeccable written and verbal communication
- PC literacy, including advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Self-motivation and facility with solving problems
- Strong aptitude for multi-tasking and prioritization
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work at our Palo Alto headquarters
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with SDL Trados and other standard localization tools
- Competence in at least one foreign language
- Previous experience in localization or the life sciences industry
- Competence in desktop publishing, web applications, and/or standard programming