Apply as a Project Coordinator
Are you a Control Freak with an uncanny eye for detail? Do you want to learn more about the world of translation for the life sciences? Are you enthralled by the beauty of a good process? If so, we have the job for you!
Idem Translations is a full-service translation company with over 30+ years of industry experience and an exceptional reputation for quality and customer care. Our compact size and lean management philosophy eliminate unnecessary bureaucracy, allowing us the agility and flexibility of a start-up and providing each of our employees with a hands-on role in contributing to our ongoing success. We seek an enthusiastic Project Coordinator to join our in-house team.
The ideal candidate will possess both an unhealthy passion for orderly documentation and a solutions-oriented, can-do attitude. Exceptional attention to detail is a must, along with first-class organizational skills and superb time management. Our closely-knit team, from Production to Top Management, works together to ensure that each project is a resounding success. If you are a self-starting stickler for detail, Idem is a place for you to grow and shine.
What Idem Offers
In order to recruit and retain the industry’s best and brightest, Idem offers a competitive salary, excellent working environment, a convenient location (five minute walk to Stanford University and Caltrain), and first-rate benefits (health insurance, paid time off, 401(k), local gym access, and continuing education support).
The Idem Experience
As a Project Coordinator with Idem, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide input for pre-sales planning and resourcing
- Be hands-on at each phase of translation production
- Innovate and contribute to process improvements
- Work closely with project managers to optimize delivery, client satisfaction, quality, and profitability
- Be a part of a team that truly focuses on continual improvement and quality in an open, upbeat atmosphere
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Attention to detail and strong aptitude for quality control
- Native-level fluency in English, including impeccable written and verbal communication
- PC literacy, including advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Strong aptitude for multi-tasking and prioritization
- Self-motivation and facility with solving problems
- Comfort working under pressure and on a deadline
- Team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work at our Palo Alto headquarters
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with SDL Trados and other standard localization tools
- Competence in at least one foreign language
- Previous experience in the life sciences industry
- Competence in desktop publishing, web applications, and/or standard programming